This London University college has a large quadrangle which is used by students, staff and conference delegates alike, so the new design needed to be flexible to cope with the changing demands. Unusual garden ideas were requested by the different users.
The motif from the Conference centre was used to produce a sweeping curved ramp as a dramatic entrance to the space. The ramp will be illuminated with dramatic rills of changeable LED lights to lead the visitor to the main arena which can be used for a multitude of different activities.
- This new design fulfilled the brief and created:
- an inspirational and flexible space
- ensures there is an identifiable Reception area
- improves the movement and access for all abilities
- provides quiet areas
- creates stronger structural planting
- maximises the seating